Thursday, February 6, 2014

Valentine & Sons Jigsaw Puzzle JP-813 - Croquet Scene

Last (of my puzzles) in the Valentine boxed wooden jigsaw puzzles is JP-813, featuring art of a collection of characters from the Queen of Hearts segment, what I call the Croquet Scene.  I don't know how many there are in the set, but I'm guessing there are at least four, meaning that I'm missing (probably) at least one.  The three that I have are sequential in their stock numbers, so it is unclear if there are any more.  But I digress...
The art for this puzzle, as well as that from yesterday, was assembled and not a frame from the film.  It adorned many things, including publicity stills and dye transfer prints.  I'm not sure if the art was drawn or created as a cel setup as I've not seen the original.
Another complete puzzle!  What's nice about this particular series of puzzles are the boxes.  Most English puzzles of the time featured very flimsy cardboard boxes that were more like wrappers, and were glued shut forcing the box to be essentially destroyed upon opening - as we'll see shortly.  These boxes have an actual lid that lifts off, just like a board game, so the boxes were not damaged in order to get to the puzzle.

No comments: