Saturday, May 11, 2013

Character Study Drawing of Alice in Profile by Clair Weeks

The next two drawings in this series are some of my favorites.  I acquired them directly from Clair Weeks whom I met back in the 1990s in Los Angeles. Clair was a genuinely good person, and took time to chat with me on several occasions. He led a truly interesting life, spending a lot of time teaching animation in India!
Today's drawing shows Alice in profile, presumably from the nesting bird sequence.   The image on this is huge, taking up nearly the full sheet of 16-field paper.  Even on my tabloid scanner I had to scan it in two parts to get the top of her head!

1 comment:

Magic Emperor said...

Every friend of mine gets sincerely creeped out by the book's depiction of her neck growing. They must be thankful for Disney's change. :P

That's a great shot, yeah.