Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Vintage Autographed Photo of Kathryn Beaumont 850-8032

This is something I have not seen very often, a vintage autographed photo of Kathryn Beaumont from her Alice in Wonderland days.  And what a great photo it is, possibly my favorite photo of her in her Alice costume.
This is a 4x5 photo, and I assume that this would have been sent to fans who wrote to the studio asking for Alice's autograph.  It is possible that it was done in person as Kathy did make many guest appearances during her promotional tour for the film, but odds are it was mailed.  The signature on this photo is nice too, although it has faded slightly over the years.  This photo is number 850-8032, meaning it was taken in August of 1950, almost a full year before the film was released.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Very nice photo, and since it isn't made out to anybody specific ("To Hank!"), you can pretend that it was made out to YOU!

Brian Sibley said...

I'm sure you've met Kathy haven't you, Matt?

Matt said...

@Major - I do love vintage autographs, it always fun to imagine it is made out to me :)

@Brian - Indeed we have, we go way back. Kathy has even stayed at our house for my wife's 50th birthday party! Take a look here and here