Saturday, October 15, 2011

Vacationland Magazine Summer 1964

I love this cover, using the same photo as on the Disneyland Tencennial Trading card in this post, but one year earlier.
I especially like the composition of the photo, taken from inside the rabbit hole looking out at the Caterpillar car.  I must say, I wouldn't be caught dead selling balloons in 1964 if I had to dress like Pinocchio, but it looks cute in this photo.

The insides are filled with standard articles about Disneyland and surrounding attractions, but I must say the article on the Disneyland Tour Guides is a hoot.  Pert brunettes from Lancashire England must have been all the rage in 1964.

1 comment:

Major Pepperidge said...

I would collect those Vacationland magazines just for the wonderful cover photos! The articles inside do provide a nice glimpse of where the park was at during that time.