Monday, September 6, 2010

Marx Alice in Wonderland Viewmarx

I originally posted this back in January, but thought it deserved to be with its Marx brethren.

What a cool toy this is, and how surprising that they made an Alice! This is called a Viewmarx, it is basically a slide viewer toy, sorta like a viewmaster, but not in 3-D. This is the only one I've ever seen in its original box.

The toy itself is made to look like the White Rabbit's house, which is pretty cool by itself.

The toy is simple to operate, even more simple if you look on the back of the box...

and the bottom...

I managed to get my camera to focus on a couple of the slides through the viewport (not an easy task I might add).

There are a total of 8 slides, and they have all gone very VERY red. This is the best I could do to adjust the color.

3 comments:

Kevin Kidney said...

This is so great! I've never seen one of these before. Good job on photographing some of the interior pictures, Matt!

Matt said...

Thanks Kevin, I must admit I almost gave up, it was WAY harder than I expected.

Snow White Archive said...

This is very cool. It's amazing that your camera got these shots. They turned out quite well. I wonder if they ever made a "Viewmarx" like this for Snow White.