Saturday, August 29, 2009

Disneyland Promotional Postcard - Alice in Wonderland Days

I guess this isn't really a postcard, more of a handbill since there is no space for addresses. It may have come in an envelope.

It is essentially an advertisement for something called Alice in Wonderland Days - a promotion I know nothing about. Doubly odd since Alice wouldn't be re-released theatrically for another three years, and there was certainly nothing new at the park related to Alice. It appears that the promotion consisted of parades and photo ops, but beyond that I have no idea. If anyone has details on what this promotion was all about, I'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice find!

I love park mysteries. Let's see if anyone can help!

Cory Gross said...

I'm kind of curious myself... The initial impression I get is to be reminded that Disney used to do a fairly decent job of keeping properties in the public eye, even between rereleases. Would that it were so anymore.

I could see this being just a random thing like a character parade. That, then, makes me wonder if there were days for other films and if there is anything particularly notable about 1971.