Sunday, January 18, 2009

Gryphon and Mock Turtle - Jello Commercial

Ok, so when I said that the Gryphon and Mock Turtle were forgotten characters, that was only partially true. They never appeared on the big screen...but they did appear on the little one. This is a Jello commercial from the same video collection as this post. But unlike the previous one, this one is almost entirely new animation, including the Gryphon and Mock Turtle!



Alice sounds like Kathryn Beaumont, but still need to verify.

1 comment:

Brian Sibley said...

I asked Kathryn Beaumont about the Jello commercials and here is her reply:

"Yes! I absolutely recognized the Jello commercial, and it was my voice you heard! I don't remember the circumstances. Perhaps it was recorded in New York while I was on the publicity junket for the Alice release. I do have a memory of doing those lines with Sterling Holloway, though."